Blotter: Police Find Meth on Man During Warrant Arrest
It was a little slower for the Woodbury Police Department over the Christmas holiday.
The following information was obtained from recent police reports.
Police were called to the Red Roof Inn on Dec. 23 after a manager asked that a man be evicted. Officers discovered that he had a warrant out for his arrest and subsequently found methamphetamine in his possession.
A woman called Woodbury police on Christmas Eve to report that plows had pushed too much snow into her driveway at the 6700 block of Sherwood Circle. She said her driveway had more snow than her neighbors'. Police told her they would relay her concerns to the city's Public Works Department.
Police were called to the Express store at the 9100 block of Hudson Road on a shoplifting complaint on Dec. 24. Employees said three men took sweaters and hats and fled the store.
The Woodbury Fire Department was called to the 6100 block of Courtly Alcove on Dec. 24 on a report that an oven was on fire. The flames were out by the time authorities arrived, but there was still smoke in the house.
Several neighbors called police to the 3600 block of Avon Court on Dec. 24 to report that two women were outside fighting. One man who tried to intervene was bitten by one of the women, but none of the parties involved wanted to press charges.
Police were called to the Valley Creek Mall parking lot on Dec. 27 on a report of a vehicle break-in. A pair of shoes valued at $10 was the only thing reported missing.
A man living at the 7200 block of Guider Drive called police on Dec. 28 about a cell phone issue. He had given the cell phone to his mother, the man cancelled the service, and the mother gave it to his sister. He wanted the cell phone back but his sister wouldn't give it to him. Police told him there were other ways to handle the matter.
Police were called to the 7800 block of Rimbley Road on a report that two teenagers were "keying" cars parked in a driveway.
A man at the 1100 block of Drew Drive called authorities on Dec. 28 to report that a 2-3 foot flame was coming out of a heater in his garage. The heater was turned off and the gas was turned off.