The family whose home succumbed to a major fire Sunday was thankful everyone got out OK and had “nothing but great things to say” about crews that responded to the blaze.
That’s according to Councilman Christopher Burns, who visited with the family and briefly relayed their thoughts during Wednesday night’s City Council meeting.
The fire severely damaged the home at the 8300 block of Marsh Creek Road during the early morning hours of Sept. 23.
The preliminary cause of the fire appeared to be embers that were left in a trashcan in the garage.
Crews from Woodbury, Maplewood, Oakdale, Cottage Grove, Lake Elmo and the Lower St. Croix Valley responded to the fire.