County Public Safety Roundup: Jewelry Thief, Drug Trafficking, Burning Bush
Here's a weekly listing of crime incidents and police and fire related calls in Washington County.
Fire Chief Jeff Anderson and Deputy Chief Kevin Wold received awards on behalf of the Oakdale Fire Department at an event celebrating National EMS Week.
In 2008, Oakdale resident Nicole Marie Beecroft was sentenced to life in prison without parole for stabbing her newborn daughter 135 times and throwing her into a trash can outside her house, according to the Star Tribune.Beecroft's conviction was reversed.
On Sunday, May 21, Oakdale fire fighters responded to a townhouse fire at 3536 Genevieve Ave. N. The attached garage was a total loss, but no one was injured.
Giovanni Lacquise Edunjobi, who has five prior domestic-assault related convictions, faces three felony charges following the May 16 incident
The lightning hit a gas line Thursday morning at the Bailey Ridge Drive home, but the house was mostly undamaged.
Man accuses Woodbury resident, his cousin, of stealing his cell phone and threatening him with a Taser.
Carl Junior Jordan, 24, was sentenced to four years in prison following the October 2011 jewelry theft at a Woodbury home
A 35-year-old Stillwater man who is the co-owner of Indian Motorcycle of the Twin Cities allegedly crashed his truck into a Forest Lake woman's garage door after she refused to meet him for a job interview.
Randy J. Tape, 51, of Prescott, Wis., died overnight at Regions Hospital, according to a hospital spokesperson. He became the third fatality as a result of the head-on collision.
A 30-year-old Stillwater man was cited for disorderly conduct and taken to Detox Saturday morning after police were called to an unwanted guest in the 1300 block of Pine Street West.
The 67-year-old man who went missing near Grant last night was found safe early Wednesday morning in Columbia Heights.
A 72-year-old man and a 71-year-old woman, both of Stillwater, were killed in a head-on crash Sunday afternoon on Highway 35 at County Road QQ near Prescott, Wis. The driver of a second vehicle remains in critical condition.
Two people from Seattle were arrested for disorderly conduct Friday morning after Stillwater police responded to a complaint that the couple was having sex in public. Their arrest prompted a drug trafficking investigation.
A 29-year-old St. Paul man was arrested pending charges of first-degree burglary, felony domestic assault and violating an order for protection after he allegedly kicked in the door of a Stillwater woman's home and then choked her.
A 25-year-old Sioux Falls man was arrested Saturday morning after he passed out in the porch of a Stillwater home with his shorts around his ankles. The man was cited for disorderly conduct and trespassing.
Washington County District Court
According to the Washington County Attorney's Office, the following people made their first appearance recently on felony or gross misdemeanor charges:
• Elizabeth Ann Cross, 42, of Stacy, MN, charged with fifth-degree drug possession, giving a false name and careless driving.
• Ronald Ervin Lavalle, Jr., 42, of St. Paul, charged with check forgery.
• Edward Baker Chapman III, 30, of Woodbury, charged with theft.
• Dustin William Biljan, 20, of Forest Lake, charged with receiving stolen property.
• Arturo Eguia Welch, 35, of Stillwater, charged with criminal damage to property.
• Sarah Ann Temple, 29, of Forest Lake, charged with check forgery.
• Darnell Steven Cox, 21, of St. Paul, charged with third degree burglary.
• William Joseph O’Malley, 29, of St. Paul, charged with third degree assault.
• Crystal Lynn O’Malley, 33, of St. Paul, charged with third degree assault.
• Sean Terrance Macaulay, 49, of South St. Paul, charged with making terroristic threats and second degree DWI.
• Tracy Galen Nelson, 51, of Prairie Farm, WI, charged with domestic abuse.
• Kamyar Farahan, 36, of Woodbury, charged with theft and assault.
• Eric Martinez, 36, of Oakdale, charged with simple robbery.
• Jesse Andrew Jungwirth, 27, of Woodbury, charged with burglary and assault.
• Adam Lee Harper, 23, of Minneapolis, charged with domestic assault, assault on a peace officer and assault.
• Jeremy Scott Blahowski, 33, of Forest Lake, charged with fleeing a police officer in a motor vehicle, theft, attempted theft, receiving stolen property and drug possession.
• Kurt Allen Morris, 45, of Forest Lake, charged with domestic assault and violating a no-contact order.
• Giovanni Jacquise Edunjobi, 23, of Minneapolis, charged with domestic assault, domestic assault by strangulation and violation of a no-contact order.