“I am very, very proud that our school has been highlighted by the SpotLight program and I am proud of our 18 awards,” Aaron Harper, principal of East Ridge High School, said in a statement.
East Ridge presented White Christmas Nov. 30 through Dec. 9, 2012, and for its achievements is receiving the following honors:
- Outstanding Overall Performance
- Honorable Mention Overall Production
- Honorable Mention Performance by a Student Orchestra
- Outstanding Performance in a Leading Role: Austin Robinson as Bob Wallace, Pari Cariaga as Betty Haynes, and Naomi Ridley as Judy Haynes
- Honorable Mention Performance in a Leading Role: Matt Thorsen as Phil Davis
- Outstanding Performance in a Supporting Role: Katherine Spicuzza as Martha Watson
- Honorable Mention Performance in a Supporting Role: Ryan Richardson as Henry Waverly and Caroline Kieffer as Susan Waverly
- Honorable Mention Performance in a Featured Role: Ethan Hallstrom as Ralph Sheldrake, Anna Reimann as Rhoda, Claire Emery as Rita, Garrett Hildebrandt as Ezekiel Foster, Brendan Finn as Mike (the stage manager), Jamila Joiner as Dance Captain, Amanda Durose as Mrs. Snoring Man, and Michael McCutchen as Mr. Snoring Man
“After three years of having our students participate with individual honors, knowing that for the first time, our students will perform in June as an ensemble on the Orpheum stage is really a great honor,” Director Amanda Hestwood said in the release.
East Ridge High School will be honored at an event set for 7 p.m., Monday, June 3, at the Orpheum Theatre. The gala celebrates high school musical theatre accomplishments by “featuring dynamic student performances mixed with award presentations,” the release says.
Last year’s event sold out and featured more than 800 students performing on stage. Tickets will go on sale on Wednesday, Feb. 20. Check out the Hennepin Theatre Trust’s website for more information.