Holiday Lights Spark Fire on Arlington Drive in Woodbury
The Woodbury Fire Department was able to contain the fire to the room where it started.
An electric candle—part of holiday decorations—sparked a fire at a Woodbury home Tuesday night.
The fire broke out at the 3800 block of Arlington Drive, but it was a “quick knockdown” and crews were able to limit the fire to an upstairs bedroom, said Mike Richardson, emergency services commander.
The electric candle started a curtain on fire, he said. No one was hurt.
The department got the call at about 7:30 p.m. Tuesday and crews were back at the station by 9 p.m., Richardson said.
“No major damage to the house,” he said.
Richardson sent Patch these links regarding fire safety during the holidays: