Homemade Bomb, Felony Sexual Conduct, Priest Charged: County Public Safety Roundup
Here's a weekly listing of crime incidents and police and fire related calls in Washington County.
A homemade bomb was found outside of the Geneva Village Apartments on the corner of 40th Street and Gershwin Avenue.
Rev. Curtis Carl Wehmeyer was arrested in Oakdale in June and was charged with criminal sexual conduct last week.
Here is a selection of incidents the Oakdale Police Department responded to from Sept. 23 to Sept. 27.
Jail bookings information from Sept. 17 to Sept. 22 provided by the Washington County Sheriff’s Office.
Anthony Neil Sweet, 51, accused of sexually assaulting two girls.
Robert John Ennis, 19, was given probation.
The fire broke out during the early-morning hours of Sunday, Sept. 23.
Councilman Christopher Burns visited with the family of the Marsh Creek Road home and relayed their thoughts during Wednesday night’s meeting.
Have you had issues with your political signs this election season? Share your experiences with political signage in the comment section below.
A 76-year-old Stillwater man was transported to Lakeview Hospital after being stuck by a vehicle while he was walking in the crosswalk at the intersection of Owens and Myrtle streets.
The Minnesota DNR say a North Dakota man thought it was "unique" to have a cart with mussels attached and that it would make a nice addition to his business, so he placed it in his truck.
A sick fox seen on school property over the past two weeks continues to elude police. Here's an update to this story, with a photo taken Thursday evening near Stillwater Junior High School.
Washington County District Court
According to the Washington County Attorney's Office, the following people made their first appearance recently on felony or gross misdemeanor charges:
- Cecil Douglas Bluhm, 35, of St. Paul, charged with fifth degree drug possession and obstructing the legal process.
- Russ Jeffrey Ubel, 44, of Oakdale, charged with theft.
- Dietrich Eugen Williams, 27, of Bayport, charged with fourth degree assault and fifth degree assault.
- Timothy Russell Isaacson, 24, charged with third degree burglary.
- Brittney Dominque Tyner, 19, of St. Paul, charged with financial transaction card fraud.
- Nicholas John Derosier, 18, of Roseville, charged with third degree burglary and aiding and abetting third degree burglary.
- Robert Sean Kervin, 22, of Cottage Grove, charged with third degree burglary and theft.
- Ryan Adam Locke, 22, of Forest Lake, charged with fleeing a peace officer.
- Tou Hang, 28, of St. Paul, charged with DWIs.
- Adam Lee Harper, 23, of Minneapolis, charged with violating a no contact order.
- Thai Vue, 30, of St. Paul, charged with domestic assault by strangulation and domestic assault.
- Alfred John Kraft, 34, of St. Paul, charged with check forgery.
- Jeremy Earl Gronau, 32, of St. Paul Park, charged with theft.
- Scott Donald Peters, 52, of Oakdale, charged with violating a no contact order.
- Vincent William Marfell, 19, of Oakdale, charged with fifth degree drug possession.
- Marcus William Alexander, 26, of White Bear Lake, charged with aiding and abetting receiving stolen property.
- Charles Donald Jungwirth, 30, of White Bear Lake, charged with aiding and abetting receiving stolen property.
- Brian James Eggert, 44, of Woodbury, charged with domestic abuse.
- Shawn Alan Fultz, 41, of Brooklyn Park, charged with aiding and abetting theft, aiding and abetting receiving stolen property, aiding and abetting possession of burglary or theft tools.
- Derrick Duane Manson, 40, of Minneapolis, charged with aiding and abetting theft, aiding and abetting receiving stolen property and aiding and abetting possession of burglary or theft tools.