Update: Smoking to Blame for Car Fire that Hospitalized Girl
The fire broke out at Tamarack Hills in Woodbury on Thursday, March 29.
A cigarette sparked a Woodbury car fire that sent a girl to the hospital on March 29.
The girl, who was driving her father’s car, was rushed to Regions Hospital after suffering from smoke inhalation, according to Woodbury Fire Cmdr. John Wallgren. The incident occurred at the Tamarack Hills retail area of Woodbury.
The Woodbury Fire Department got the call at 6:54 p.m. and crews were on scene a few minutes later, Altman said. The fire was extinguished by 7:12 p.m.