Washington County Public Safety Roundup: Deputy Assaulted, Swindler Convicted, Teen Rescues Friend
Here's a weekly wrap up of crime incidents and police and fire related calls in Washington County.
Starting around 11 p.m. Thursday, and into the morning hours Friday several K-9 units, a state patrol helicopter and officers from throughout the area searched Stillwater Township for a suspect who assaulted a deputy during a traffic stop in the area of St. Croix Trail and 107th Street. The man was arrested Saturday night near Luck, Wis.
Just two days after the drawing for the largest jackpot in Mega-Millions history, a Stillwater man received a call saying he won the lottery and needed to cough up $39,000 in taxes and fees. But he called the fraudster's bluff.
A 22-year-old Stillwater man told police that he went to Our Saviors Lutheran Church last Sunday and stole $600 worth of gift cards from the pastor's office while he was giving a sermon.
Police say burglars forced their way into a Stillwater home during broad daylight on March 29. Once inside, the burglars stole family photos, personal documents and money.
Preliminary findings of the Ramsey County Medical Examiner's report say Ronald Bringgold drowned in the St. Croix River Saturday evening after a boating incident just south of the Bayport Marina.
A Stillwater teen went into Lily Lake on Sunday afternoon to retrieve a basketball, but due to cold water temperatures he started struggling. That's when another teen reportedly swam to his friend’s aid and helped pull him into the dock.
Joshua James Loots faces felony drug charges for allegedly selling an informant 20.1 grams of cocaine on three separate occasions last fall.
A former Minnesota sheriff was recently sentenced to 20 years of probation and must repay $113,000 to a Woodbury man he bilked in an airplane-purchasing scam.
A Chicago man arrested in Woodbury in June 2010 was sentenced in federal court after conspiring to distribute more than 100 grams of heroin in the Twin Cities.
A cigarette sparked a Woodbury car fire that sent a girl to the hospital on March 29.
The Woodbury Fire Department confirmed that there was a controlled burn at the Lake Elmo Park Reserve Wednesday morning.
A Minneapolis man was charged with criminal property damage after allegedly running his SUV into an Oakdale home in February, and then driving off.
Due to coyote sightings in the area, and reports of problems in other Twin Cities suburbs, the Oakdale Police Department is working to educate the public about the wild dogs before more serious reports—like a small pet being hurt or killed—come in.
An Oakdale man faces a fifth-degree drug charge for allegedly selling marijuana to a police informant.
Washington County District Court:
From the Washington County Attorney’s Office
The following people made their first appearance recently on felony or gross misdemeanor charges:
- Anacleto NMN Lopez, 31, of St. Paul, charged with third-degree assault and violation of an order for protection.
- Nicole Shari Taylor, 24, of Newport, charged with DWI and driving after cancellation.
- Travis Edward Clevenger, 22, of Minneapolis, charged with theft by swindle.
- Robert Douglas Crowson, 48, of Oakdale, charged with first-degree DWI.
- Tyrone Lamar Stewart, 26, of Bayport, charged with third-degree assault.
- Nathan Scott Savage, 28, of Onalaska, WI, charged with fifth-degree drug possession.
- David Scott Hutchinson, 26, of Stillwater, charged with first-degree DWI.
- Jeremiah Gene Alexander, 34, of Forest Lake, charged with fleeing a police officer in a motor vehicle.
- James Mathew Wirtz, 26, of Minneapolis, charged with first-degree property damage and DWI.
- Joshua James Loots, 19, of Oak Park Heights, charged with first-degree drug sale.
- Jeremy Scott Blahowski, 32, of Forest Lake, charged with possession of burglary or theft tools.
- Jason Maurice Fagin, 32, of Minneapolis, charged with DWI and fifth-degree drug possession.
- Brian Wilhelm Gervers, 47, of Denmark Township, charged with terroristic threats and fifth-degree criminal sexual conduct.
- Romeo Orlando Kerzel Davis, 23, of St. Paul, charged with domestic assault and violation of a no-contact order.
- Chad Michael Blair, 21, of Oakdale, charged with fifth-degree drug sale.
- Tran Traveon Watkins, of Victorville, CA, charged with financial transaction card fraud.
- Calvin Norman Olson, 18, of Hudson, WI, charged with fifth-degree drug possession.
- Peter Jacob Nelsen, 27, of St. Paul Park, charged with domestic assault by strangulation.
- Derek Lee Montgomery, 23, of Willernie, charged with aiding and abetting drugs and contempt of court.
- Aaron Douglas Haskins, 24, of Willernie, charged with aiding and abetting drugs and contempt of court.
- Andrew James Bolz, 25, of Dellwood, charged with third-degree drug possession.