Washington County Public Safety Roundup: Charges in Deputy Assault, Neighbors Bust Drug Dealer
Here's a weekly wrap up of crime incidents and police and fire related calls in Washington County.
A Stillwater woman told police that her estranged boyfriend burglarized her home, strangled and then threatened to kill her with a knife Sunday morning. But he stopped and then fled after her neighbors forced their way into her apartment.
After allegedly assaulting a deputy in Stillwater Township and spending two days on the lam, Tyler Robert Chute was found hiding inside a pullout couch, arrested and charged with a felony.
Kelly Marie Shropshire, a 26-year-old model, singer and actress who came to the Twin Cities after her family was displaced by Hurricane Katrina, died Monday following the March 29 car fire at Tamarack Hills.
Justin Alan Hanson, 20, of Woodbury, was sentenced to five years of probation after residents who live near the 7200 block of Braemar Lane provided police with an Excel spreadsheet documenting 104 short-term visits to the home since December 2010.
A Pine City man and woman were sentenced in connection with the burglary of the man’s stepmother’s apartment. The criminal complaint alleged that William E. Duffy, 43, broke into the apartment in May of last year while his stepmother was away caring for his father.
A man and two women pleaded guilty Thursday in federal court to passing counterfeit checks totaling thousands of dollars at retail stores around the metro area.
Washington County District Court:
From the Washington County Attorney’s Office
The following people were sentenced recently for felony and gross misdemeanor convictions:
- Joseph Patrick Parisi, 27, of Oakdale, convicted of check forgery.
- Alexander Kotlov, 35, of Newport, convicted of knowingly violating a predatory offender registration requirement or intentionally providing false information.
- Justin Michael Nash, 24, of Woodbury, convicted of check forgery.
- Shane Robert Lewandowski, 20, of Stillwater, convicted of stalking with an intent to injure.
- Robin Lea Dittel, 27, of St. Paul, convicted of fifth-degree procuring/possessing/controlling drugs by fraud or deceit.
- Satisuk Eng Lee, 44, of Oakdale, convicted of registering an ineligible voter.
- Justin Alan Hanson, 20, of Woodbury, convicted of fifth-degree sale of a marijuana mixture.
- Matthew Edward Rumpca, 39, of Newport, convicted of domestic assault.
- Kelly Yeu Vang Thao, 36, of St. Paul, convicted of identity theft.
- Duane Arthur Noles, Jr., 22, of Woodbury, convicted of fifth-degree drug possession and DWI.
- Jason Kelly Gordon, 32, of New Hope, convicted of terroristic threats.
- Ashley Ann Micheln, 19, of Woodbury, convicted of financial transaction card fraud.
- William Edward Duffy, 43, of Pine City, convicted of second-degree burglary.
- Heather Faye Miller, 42, of Pine City, convicted of aiding and abetting burglary.
- Derek Charles Estelle, 25, of Willernie, convicted of gross misdemeanor domestic assault.
- Teng NMN Vang, 25, of St. Paul, convicted of a fifth-degree drug crime.
- Scott Eddie Olson, 38, of Cottage Grove, convicted of invasion of privacy.
- Dustin Michael Mcleod, 19, of Lake St Croix Beach, convicted of a fifth-degree drug crime.
- Joseph Michael Gardner, 30, of Vadnais Heights, convicted of possession of pornographic work-computer.
- Wayne Edward Forsythe, East Bethel, convicted of domestic assault by strangulation.
- Derik John Zoch, 24, of Stacy, convicted of fifth-degree drug possession.
- Richard Allen Fahland, 24, convicted of second-degree DWI.
- Harry Wayne Peterson, 53, of Cottage Grove, convicted of domestic assault by strangulation and terroristic threats.
- Rachel Agape Quaday, 20, of Lake Elmo, convicted of fourth-degree assault of a peace officer and second-degree DWI.
- Robert Charles Shaub, 39, of Wyoming, MN, convicted of fifth-degree drug possession.