After an email issue delayed our receipt of this week’s police reports, it seemed like a good idea to look back at some favorites from the weekly feature.
Do you remember any that stood out? Tell us about them in the comments section.
Oct. 2, 2011
Someone put a bottle of dish soap into a fountain at the intersection of Dancing Waters Parkway and Valley Creek Road. The report says: “No suspects or dirty dishes found at this time.”
Feb. 6, 2011
Police were called to the intersection of Valley Creek Road and Woodbury Drive on a report that two men were rolling around on the ground fighting. They were calm and hugging each other when police arrived. Neither wanted to pursue charges.
April 27, 2012
April 22, 2012
A resident at the 6800 block of Jenny Lane called police to ask for help finding a phone number for a store at which she purchased a kettle 40 years ago. Officers provided information on how to obtain the number.
Dec. 9, 2011
Police were called to Petsmart about several issues. A woman tried to return a Bissell Cleaner valued at $150, but an employee noted that the receipt was dated 15 minutes earlier and assumed she grabbed a different cleaner from a shelf and tried to return it. A man who was with the woman started arguing with an employee and swearing at her. The man then left, but urinated in the entryway before he departed. The employee approached the man and he spat at her. The employee followed the man to his vehicle but it had no license plates.
Jan. 20, 2012
A resident at the 2700 block of Oak Ridge Trail called police after his wind chime was disturbed on a couple of occasions. It was once thrown into some nearby bushes and another time the wind chime had a rubber band tied around it to silence it.
Dec. 1, 2011
A resident at the 2600 block of Blue Ridge Drive told police someone had attempted to break into her home. She later admitted that she got locked out and broke the door to get back in.
July 21, 2012
A resident called police after seeing a woman who was “dressed like a stripper” get out of her car and stumble at the Holiday gas station. He thought she was intoxicated. Police made contact with the woman, who was sober. She told officers she works at Wild Bill’s and was heading there for her shift.
April 10, 2012
April 20, 2012
A woman at the 2400 block of Cobble Hill Alcove called police because she wanted her boyfriend removed from the townhome. Officers arrived and the man was sleeping. When awoken he provided police with a lease that showed he was on it. She declined suggestions to go to a women’s shelter and police asked the man to sleep in the living room. He said: “I ain’t afraid of guns, I’ve been shot before. I ain’t afraid of jail, I’ve been there plenty before… but I am afraid of spiders. You see all these spiders out here in the living room? I can’t sleep here. Have you seen Arachnophobia? That’s scary (expletive).” When officers left, he was settling into the living room and all appeared calm. Police learned the woman was upset because he had impregnated another woman; he was heading for Chicago sometime in the next few days.
April 12, 2012
A Woodbury man called police after his mother sent him a text message asking where the DVD remote was. She has a no-contact order out against him, and he told police she was texting him about the remote in an effort to frame him. He asked officers to call her and tell her not to contact him.
June 24, 2012
June 26, 2012
Police were called about a man who had been hitting golf balls in Colby Lake Park. The caller told police he feared for the safety of children at the park because of the golfer’s poor ball control. Police learned who the man is and mailed him a notice that said he would be cited if he’s seen violating city ordinances.
Aug. 2, 2012
Police told a man who had been harassing his ex-girlfriend to “grow up, be mature and move on with his life.” He had no further questions.
May 22, 2012
A resident at the 10200 block of City Walk Drive called police after finding a guinea pig inside a large clear plastic ball behind the building’s rental office. There were no tags on the animal, which was delivered to the Humane Society.
Sept. 2, 2012
Officers who responded to possible drug activity involving 10 juveniles near Mile Drive and Bailey Road found no drugs or alcohol, only “excessive amounts of junk food.” The group told officers they were trying to enjoy the last day before school.
Sept. 4, 2012
A resident at the 8200 block of Enclave Road called police to report a possible prowler on his back porch. As officers arrived the man found it was an inflatable dog tied to the porch, and his trees and bushes were toilet-papered. The man explained that his birthday was the next day and his friends had pranked him “quite successfully.”
Oct. 21, 2012
There was a report about dirty dishes at the Public Safety Department. See: Woodbury Police Investigate One of Their Own... For Dirty Dishes
See More on Patch
- 'Drunk and Had to Pee,' Mighty Pen, Cab Olympics: Woodbury Police Blotter
- ‘Dressed Like a Stripper,’ Coffee Crash, Sprinkler Scare: Woodbury Police Blotter
- Plant Bash, Hamm’s Harassment, Hot Dog: Woodbury Police Blotter
- Police Blotter: Driver Etiquette, Let That Raccoon Go, Mailbox Fireworks
- Police Blotter: Pioneer Park Problems, PO’d at the P.O., Case Case
- Police Blotter: Crosswalk Clash, Pedi Problem, Malibooty Call
- Police Blotter: Crown Caper, Micro-Melee, I (Don’t) Love the Rainy Night
- Police Blotter: Rescued Ducklings, Bridal Break-in, Stolen Fireplace?
- Police Blotter: Scared of Spiders Not Jail, Paper Problem, Stolen Undies
- Police Blotter: Runaway Bras, Serial Egging, ‘I’m That Dude’ Steals Two TVs
- Police Blotter: Talk to the Hand, Words of Wisdom, Mailbox Melee
- Woodbury PD Blotter: Thong Song, Ring Sting, Ladies’ Man Has Warrants
- Woodbury PD Blotter: Coach Punched, Cat Caper, 'Boulder-dash'
- Woodbury PD Blotter: Wind Chime Crime, Possum Problem, Pajamas Pilfered?
- Woodbury PD Blotter: Dumpster Diving, Dog Custody Dispute, ‘Snake Out’
- Woodbury PD Blotter: Gun And Mooning, Theft By Grinch, Theater Theatrics
- Woodbury PD Blotter: Neighbor Dispute, Car Break-in, Road Rage
- Woodbury PD Blotter: Self-Home Invasion, Diaper Dandy, Pills Purloined
- Woodbury PD Blotter: Landscape Larceny, Stolen Steaks, Shot Fired
Most Popular articles
- Zach Sobiech Dies of Bone Cancer
- Flashing Yellow Lights in Woodbury, Now and in the Future
- Starbucks Drive-Thru, Cowboy Jack’s Volleyball, Roadwork Assessments: Woodbury Council Preview
- Friends, Classmates, Community Work to Get Zach Sobiech’s ‘Clouds’ to No. 1 on iTunes
- Deli Dozer, Garage Sale Traffic Tussle, Hateful Duct Tape: Woodbury Police Blotter