No major moves in the Woodbury Real Estate market to report this week.
Showings remained strong with regard to seasonality. We ended the week with about 2 showings per home this week. More good news continues to pour in with regard to the real estate market.
The Wall Street Journal reports 2012 as being the first year since 2005 the housing market has made a posative contribution to GDP.
Cooper Howes, economist, Barclays: “While upcoming data on housing starts and home sales will provide a better indication of whether this surge in optimism is entirely justified, the housing market has certainly improved this year. 2012 is expected to be the first year since 2005 in which residential investment will provide a positive contribution to GDP growth, and we look for increases in home prices of around 3% by the end of the year.”
The weekly stats for Woodbury homes sales in the week ending July 21, 2012:
• New listings replace the pending and expired with 35 new homes for sale
• Pending properties reside at 140 homes under contract
• Overall inventory stays steady with 336 homes for sale
When adjusted for seasonality and compared to 2011 for the month of June 2012:
• Median Sales Price was the same at $229,900
• Days on Market is down 12.2% to 123 days on market
• Percent of original list price received went up to 93.8%
• Months supply of inventory is down 51.1% to 4.5 months
Information is gathered from the Northstar Multiple Listing System and "InfoSparks"
Good luck and happy home selling!
The Johnson Real Estate Group serves Woodbury, Oakdale, Cottage Grove, and the entire Twin Cities Area including Western Wisconsin! We are dedicated to providing a superior experience when buying or selling your Twin Cities home! Contact us at www.mattjrealtor.com to find out more.