For the Woodbury Real Estate Report September 4th, 2012 we notice some pretty amazing trends in the numbers.
While we expected the number of showings to drop going into the holiday weekend I did not expect to see the sales remain strong with another dozen homes going under contract.
Of course, inventory remains unseasonably low and with this news I expect to see some new developments spring up in shortly. I know there are several developers out there who are watching the vacant lot inventory dwindle and construction projections looking good for the spring of 2013!
The weekly stats for Woodbury homes sales in the week ending September 1, 2012:
• New listings plummet with only 10 new homes hitting the market
• Pending properties fall 10% with the August month end, 154 homes under contract
• Overall inventory drops 7% with only 265 homes for sale
When adjusted for seasonality and compared to 2011 for the month of August 2012:
• Median Sales Price was the same at $229,000
• Days on Market is down 25% to 111 days on market
• Percent of original list price received went up to 94.3%
• Months supply of inventory is down 57.1% to 4.2 months
Information is gathered from the Northstar Multiple Listing System and "InfoSparks"
Good luck and happy home selling!
The Johnson Real Estate Group serves Woodbury, Oakdale, Cottage Grove, and the entire Twin Cities Area including Western Wisconsin! We are dedicated to providing a superior experience when buying or selling your Twin Cities home! Contact us at www.mattjrealtor.com to find out more.