Invite a friend
Amble Art Show & Sale
Press release from Amble Art.
The public is invited to the 4th Annual Art Show and Sale at the Amble Family home in Woodbury, featuring a total of ten artists.
Alex began selling his artwork at 9 years of age and Pasha began selling his art at age 4. Their artwork includes greeting cards, fused glass art, photography, oil, pastel, watercolor and acrylic paintings.
Becky Amble started the show and sale four years ago. “I thought it would be fun to let others see the artwork my boys do and sell what we can to help benefit others. We now have a total of ten artists participating. We have pottery to oil paintings, and lots of jewelry which is always so popular.”
Participating artists include;
- Samah Fahmy*— beaded jewelry (www.studiosamah.com)
- Becky Amble*—fused glass, photography, watercolor, oil, jewelry, greeting cards
- Alex Amble*—fused glass, photography, acrylic, watercolor, greeting cards
- Pasha Gravdahl*—photography, acrylic, watercolor, greeting cards (www.ambleart.com)
- Lisa Fertig*—acrylic and watercolor paintings, cutting boards (www.lisafertig.com)
- Shirley Tousignant —functional stoneware & pottery
- Joanie Miller—pottery, prints of oil paintings
- Stephanie Daily—handmade glycerin soaps and greeting cards
- Jewel Hoffman –fused glass art & jewelry
- Sarah Bober -- metal clay, resin and kumihimo beaded jewelry (www.sbdesign.etsy.com/)
Part of the proceeds from sales will be donated to the Muscular Dystrophy Association (MDA), an organization close to the heart of the Amble family. In the spring of 2009, Alex was diagnosed with a nerve disease covered by the MDA. One year later, Alex began his mission to raise $1 million for the MDA to find a cure for muscular dystrophy diseases. He has participated in several events to raise
money for the MDA. Visit www.alexamblemusic.com or www.alexamblemusic.com/links.html to see his efforts.
“We just loving helping other people and when we can raise money for the MDA that is great! “ says Pasha.
“We are so impressed with Alex’s efforts and commitment to helping the MDA! It is just inspiring to see someone his age take on such a huge effort,” commented Gina Adolphson of the MDA. “We are looking forward to having some of his art for the National MDA tour.”