This summer has been hot! Here's a few healthy treats that will help keep you cool and satisfy your sweet tooth!
Strawberry Gluten-Free and Non-Dairy ‘Ice cream’
- 1 scoop Kiwi Strawberry Dynamic Greens
- 1 scoop Vanilla Whey Protein
- 3-5 Frozen Strawberries
- ½ Cup Ice cubes (or to desired thickness)
- ½ Cup Coconut Milk (or to desired thickness…more would be like a milkshake)
Mix all ingredients in blender and enjoy!
- 2-4 TBL Full Fat Cottage Cheese
- 2-4 TBL Full Fat Plain Yogurt
- ½ scoop Vanilla Whey Protein
-Sliced strawberries, other fresh berries, seeds, or nuts
Mix with a spoon and enjoy!
Gluten-Free Low-Carb Blueberry Lime Protein Bars
- 3/4 Cup Almond Meal
- 2 Scoops Natural Protein Powder (plain whey works great)
- 6 tbsp Stevia
- ½ Tsp Baking Soda
- ¼ Tsp Sea Salt
- 1 1/4 Cups Egg Whites
- 1 Cup Pureed Blueberries
- Zest of 1/2 Lime
- 1 Tbsp Vanilla Extract
- 1/2 Squeeze Lime (pulp included)
Directions: Preheat oven to 350. Place all ingredients in your food processor and blend until smooth. Lightly spray 8×8 baking dish with healthy oil (extra virgin olive oil or coconut oil). Place batter evenly in baking dish. Bake for 25-30 minutes (check them at the 20 minute mark and keep an eye on them for the last 10 minutes). Remove from the oven, cut into 16 servings. Feel free to wrap each individual serving up for quick-to-go snacks or place in a container and store in the fridge. Make sure to always store these protein bars in the fridge as there are no preservatives in this recipe. Enjoy!
That’s it for now. Remember, I’m here for YOU so please share questions and comments below!
—Gina Batcheller, Health and Fitness Professional, Life Time Fitness