Note: Woodbury sold 50% more homes this January than in January 2012!
Super Bowl Sunday has passed and the spring parade of homes is right around the corner... It's no suprise that inventory is building yet we are still around 40% off last years numbers.
Only 238 homes for sale (including townhomes) combined with record sales activity in January and we are around 2.5 months to sell out or what I would call a VERY STRONG SELLERS MARKET. Hope you read that... let's take advantage of the low new construction inventory and ride the wave of appreciation in existing housing!
The stats for the Woodbury Real Estate Market in the previous week:
• New listings remain strong with 32 homes hitting the market
• Pending properties decrease 12% with month end closings, now 106 homes under contract
• Overall inventory is up only 1% with 238 homes for sale, over 50 have accepted offers!
When adjusted for seasonality and compared to 2011 for the month of December 2012:
• Median Sales Price is up 8.5% to $240,000
• Days on Market is down 31% to 103 days on market
• Percent of original list price received went up to 95.1%
• Months supply of inventory is down 57% to 3.7 months
Information is gathered from the Northstar Multiple Listing System and "InfoSparks"
Good luck and happy home selling!
The Johnson Real Estate Group serves Woodbury, Oakdale, Cottage Grove, and the entire Twin Cities Area including Western Wisconsin! We are dedicated to providing a superior experience when buying or selling your Twin Cities home! Contact us at www.mattjrealtor.com to find out more.