"If you build it, they will come...." was the voice in the Iowa corn field for Field of Dreams, a 1989 baseball film starring Kevin Costner.
It is now January 2013, and 24 years later the market is in desperate need of new listings to supply the spring market over the next 2-3 months. It is getting hard for buyers to find anything to look at out there right now and if you wait until March there will be more competition.
The stats for the Woodbury Real Estate Market in the previous week:
• New listings remain strong with 35 homes hitting the market
• Pending properties increase 3%, now 116 homes under contract
• Overall inventory is up 3% with 230 homes for sale
When adjusted for seasonality and compared to 2011 for the month of December 2012:
• Median Sales Price is up 8.5% to $240,000
• Days on Market is down 31% to 103 days on market
• Percent of original list price received went up to 95.1%
• Months supply of inventory is down 57% to 3.7 months
Information is gathered from the Northstar Multiple Listing System and "InfoSparks"
Good luck and happy home selling!
The Johnson Real Estate Group serves Woodbury, Oakdale, Cottage Grove, and the entire Twin Cities Area including Western Wisconsin! We are dedicated to providing a superior experience when buying or selling your Twin Cities home! Contact us at www.mattjrealtor.com to find out more.