Some of the best market activity we have seen this time of year is upon us as we enter the final stages of the 2012 market.
Typically an election will cause some hesitation in the decision making process for Woodbury home buyers/sellers but this election cycle is a little different. With rates so low and the best affordability we have see in over 50 years you can't go wrong. I assume that corporate relocation will bounce following tomorrow's results and that should add to the December stats.
I'll have the October wrap up in next weeks post, make it a great week!
The stats for Woodbury homes sales in the previous week:
• New listings are helthy with 22 homes hitting the market
• Pending properties remain strong with 121 homes under contract
• Overall inventory drops slightly with 285 homes for sale
When adjusted for seasonality and compared to 2011 for the month of September 2012:
• Median Sales Price was the same at $235,000
• Days on Market is down 25% to 109 days on market
• Percent of original list price received went up to 94.5%
• Months supply of inventory is down 57% to 4.1 months
Information is gathered from the Northstar Multiple Listing System and "InfoSparks"
Good luck and happy home selling!
The Johnson Real Estate Group serves Woodbury, Oakdale, Cottage Grove, and the entire Twin Cities Area including Western Wisconsin! We are dedicated to providing a superior experience when buying or selling your Twin Cities home! Contact us at www.mattjrealtor.com to find out more.