Here are the numbers for the Woodbury Real Estate Update—September 10th, 2012.
The cyclical nature of our business begins to shine through with pending homes falling in month end and especially going into the Labor Day weekend. Showings were down and closings were up, all those families trying to get into the school districts before the big first day arrives.
Stats and trends aside, homes will continue to sell and invnetory is still extremely low in Woodbury so if you have the ability to make a move this fall by all means... talk to a professional who understands this market. I'd be happy to sit down or perhaps meet up for a cup of coffee if you are so inclined!
The stats for Woodbury homes sales in the previous week:
• New listings jump following the holiday with 36 homes hitting the market
• Pending properties fall 13% with post holiday closings, 136 homes under contract
• Overall inventory edges up 3% with 273 homes for sale
When adjusted for seasonality and compared to 2011 for the month of August 2012:
• Median Sales Price was the same at $229,000
• Days on Market is down 25% to 111 days on market
• Percent of original list price received went up to 94.3%
• Months supply of inventory is down 57.1% to 4.2 months
Information is gathered from the Northstar Multiple Listing System and "InfoSparks"
Good luck and happy home selling!
The Johnson Real Estate Group serves Woodbury, Oakdale, Cottage Grove, and the entire Twin Cities Area including Western Wisconsin! We are dedicated to providing a superior experience when buying or selling your Twin Cities home! Contact us at www.mattjrealtor.com to find out more.