A small fire on Savanna Oaks Bay sparked by a cigarette in a pot led to minimal damage at a Woodbury home Monday night.
The report of a fire came in at about 7:30 p.m., and it was initially an “all-call” for the , Cmdr. John Wallgren said, but several of those units were cancelled en route.
“It was more of a smoldering fire,” Wallgren said.
One board on the home’s deck was damaged, and firefighters made sure the fire was out before leaving, he said.
The dry and windy conditions of late prompted the National Weather Service to issue a “Red Flag Warning” for all of south central Minnesota on Monday, extending into today, Tuesday, Sept. 11.