Selected calls to the Oakdale Police Department from March 21-27.
A local man is accused of threatening, beating and kidnapping a woman who testified against him to police last year, according to county court records.
Man Sentenced in Bierstube Pull Tab Burglary
The Brooklyn Park man had been arrested in connection with other burglaries.
She has been missing since December 2012.
Samantha Jane Aune, of Lino Lakes, is a former bookkeeper at Decks by Joe.
Oakdale Fire Blotter: March 23-28
Recent calls for service to the Oakdale Fire Department.
Selected calls to the Woodbury Public Safety Department from March 19-25.
Car Fire at Woodbury Target
No one was hurt as crews put out the fire the afternoon of Monday, April 1.
Woodbury Man Sentenced for Assaulting Ex-Wife
He used a plastic bag and mini bat to choke the woman, and told her to “just let go and die” twice during separate incidents in September 2012, according to the complaint.
A Matter of Trust: The Psychology Behind Hostage Negotiation
Woodbury Det. Chris Rheault recently won the Special Operations Training Association’s Hostage Negotiator of the Year award.
Stranger Approaches Woodbury Elementary Student
Police were investigating the incident, which did not appear to be an attempted abduction, according to a department spokeswoman.
The annual charity game was held Wednesday night at Woodbury High School.
Public Safety Department Seeks Police Reserve Volunteers
The City of Woodbury is seeking volunteers to fill Police Reserve Officer positions in its Public Safety Department.
‘Proactive Community Policing’ for Woodbury Intersection
There have been a variety of calls recently at the area of Hudson Road and Century Avenue.
Wisconsin Man Arrested on Weapons Charges Following Disturbance at Stillwater Hotel
The 60-year-old man authorities arrested in Lakeland last month for fleeing North Hudson Police across the frozen St. Croix River is back in jail—this time on alleged disorderly conduct and weapons charges.
Stillwater's Oak-Land Junior High Tests New Security System
Raptor Technologies and the Stillwater School District have teamed up to create a new point of entry system in the junior high. So far, it's working.
Hudson Restaurants Come Together to Support Jessica Schaffhausen's Family
A group of Hudson restaurants—Kozy Korner, Keys Cafe, Jimmy John's, Shanghai Bistro and The Agave Kitchen—came together this week to show support for Jessica Schaffhausen's family by catering them food during the trial.
Stonebridge Elementary Staff Member on Leave after being Intoxicated at Work
A special education paraprofessional at Stonebridge Elementary School is on leave after Stillwater Police found that she had a .233 blood alcohol level while at work this week. The incident remains under investigation by the school district.
Stillwater Resident Takes Automated Service Beef with Department of Revenue to Police
“The comp was upset that the Minnesota Department of Revenue did not have a person answering the phones instead of an automated system,” a Stillwater Police report reads. “He stated be did not believe it was legal for them to use an automated system.”
The photograph is a view of the burning and collapse of the historic wooden bridge over the St. Croix River at Stillwater, September 16, 1904.
Stillwater Police Ask Possible Victims of Sexual Groping in Cub Foods Parking Lot to Come Forward
Police say a 19-year-old Somerset, Wis. man has admitted to groping several women in a sexual manner in the Cub Foods parking lot on April 3. Only one victim has made a report, so now Stillwater detectives asking other potential victims to come forward.
According to the Washington County Attorney’s Office, the following people made their first court appearance recently on felony or gross misdemeanor charges:
- Melvin Lee Higgins, Jr., NPA, Theft-Take/Drive Motor Vehicle-No Owner Consent
- Duane Alfred Schmieg, St. Paul, Drugs - 5th Degree - Possess Schedule 1,2,3,4 - Not Small Amount Marijuana
- William Todd Hill, Hastings, Drugs - 5th Degree - Possess Schedule 1,2,3,4 - Not Small Amount Marijuana
- Samantha Jane Aune, Lino Lakes, Theft-Divert Corporate Property
- Angela Victoria Johnson, Forest Lake, Drugs - 5th Degree - Possess Schedule 1,2,3,4 - Not Small Amount Marijuana - Subsequent Conviction
- Jason Myles Devine, Woodbury, Criminal Sex Conduct-5th Degree-Non-Consensual Sex Contact
- Jesse Kyle Hoffman, Cottage Grove, Malicious Punishment of a Child
- Gerald Jermaine Schanus, Willernie, Fleeing a Peace Officer in a Motor Vehicle; II: Traffic - DWI - Third-Degree Driving While Impaired; Refuse to submit to chemical test
- Cory Michael Waldon, Cottage Grove, Kidnapping-To Commit Great Bodily Harm/Terrorize; II: False Imprisonment-Intentional Restraint
- James Mathew McCarty, St. Paul, Drugs - 5th Degree - Possess Schedule 1,2,3,4 - Not Small Amount Marijuana; Check Forgery-Offer/Possess W/Intent to Defraud
- Scott Steven Sawitzke, St. Paul Park, Drugs - 5th Degree - Possess Schedule 1,2,3,4 - Not Small Amount Marijuana
- Jessica Jane Miller, Drugs - 5th Degree - Possess Schedule 1,2,3,4 - Not Small Amount Marijuana
- Robert Louis Canfield, Lake Elmo, Burglary-3rd Deg-Steal/Commit Felony or Gross Misd; II: Burglary-3rd Deg-Steal/Commit Felony or Gross Misd
- Aaron Richard Pekarek, South St. Paul, Drugs - 5th Degree - Possess Schedule 1,2,3,4 - Not Small Amount Marijuana; Traffic - DWI - Second-Degree Driving While Impaired; 2 or more Aggravating Factors
- Amanda Rae Darrow, St. Paul Park, Assault-4th Deg-Peace Officer-Demonstrable bodily harm or throws/transfers bodily fluids or feces-F; II: Domestic Assault-Felony
- Derek Kenneth Carlson, NPA, Drugs - 5th Degree - Possess Schedule 1,2,3,4 - Not Small Amount Marijuana
- Gerald Jermaine Schanus, Willernie, Domestic Assault - By Strangulation; II: Emergency Telephone Calls/Communication Interfere with 911 Call
- Max Monroe Hansen, Oakdale, Drugs - 3rd Degree - Sale - Narcotic
- Michael Todd Mathison, NPA, Assault-2nd Degree-Dangerous Weapon; II: Assault-2nd Degree-Dangerous Weapon