.

Holiday Lights Spark Fire on Arlington Drive in Woodbury

The Woodbury Fire Department was able to contain the fire to the room where it started.

An electric candle—part of holiday decorations—sparked a fire at a Woodbury home Tuesday night.

The fire broke out at the 3800 block of Arlington Drive, but it was a “quick knockdown” and crews were able to limit the fire to an upstairs bedroom, said Mike Richardson, emergency services commander.

The electric candle started a curtain on fire, he said. No one was hurt.

The department got the call at about 7:30 p.m. Tuesday and crews were back at the station by 9 p.m., Richardson said.

“No major damage to the house,” he said.

Tips

Richardson sent Patch these links regarding fire safety during the holidays:

http://www.nfpa.org/assets/files/PDF/Public%20Education/Winter_Holiday_Safety.pdf

http://www.nfpa.org/assets/files/Public%20Education/Top10WinterFreezeTips.pdf 

http://www.nfpa.org/assets/files/PDF/Public%20Education/CandleSafetyTips.pdf

http://www.nfpa.org/assets/files/PDF/Public%20Education/Heating_Safety.pdf

http://www.nfpa.org/assets/files/PDF/Public%20Education/HotelMotelSafety.pdf

http://www.nfpa.org/assets/files/PDF/Public%20Education/COSafety.pdf

http://www.nfpa.org/itemDetail.asp?categoryID=1531&itemID=37034

http://www.usfa.fema.gov/citizens/focus/cooking.shtm

http://www.usfa.fema.gov/citizens/home_fire_prev/holiday-seasonal/winter.shtm

http://www.usfa.fema.gov/downloads/pdf/statistics/v10i5.pdf

 

Like Patch on Facebook | Follow us on Twitter | Sign up for our free newsletter

Boards

More »
Got a question? Something on your mind? Talk to your community, directly.
Note Article
Just a short thought to get the word out quickly about anything in your neighborhood.
Share something with your neighbors.What's on your mind?What's on your mind?Make an announcement, speak your mind, or sell somethingPost something