.

Resident Locked Out of Home During Fire Near Eagle Valley

A Woodbury officer used a “slim jim” to get into the resident’s car and use the garage door opener to gain access to the home.

A resident at the 2800 block of Eagle Valley Drive accidentally got locked out of her home Wednesday morning during a stovetop fire.

A officer used a “slim jim” to access the resident’s vehicle, which was parked on the street, and officials used the garage-door opener to let firefighters into the home, said Fire Chief Todd Johnson.

Smoke had built up inside the house and the resident went outside and the door locked behind her, Johnson said. No one was injured and there was little damage to the home, he said.

Firefighters had cleared the scene by about 9:15 a.m. Wednesday morning.

 

Like us on Facebook | Follow us on Twitter | Sign up for our newsletter

Boards

More »
Got a question? Something on your mind? Talk to your community, directly.
Note Article
Just a short thought to get the word out quickly about anything in your neighborhood.
Share something with your neighbors.What's on your mind?What's on your mind?Make an announcement, speak your mind, or sell somethingPost something
See more »