.

Update: Smoking to Blame for Car Fire that Hospitalized Girl

The fire broke out at Tamarack Hills in Woodbury on Thursday, March 29.

A cigarette sparked a Woodbury car fire that sent a girl to the hospital on March 29.

The girl, who was driving her father’s car, was rushed to Regions Hospital after suffering from smoke inhalation, according to Woodbury Fire Cmdr. John Wallgren. The incident occurred at the Tamarack Hills retail area of Woodbury.

    

A 2002 Jeep Liberty caught fire and was the only vehicle involved in the incident, Sgt. John Altman told Patch a few hours after the fire broke out last week.

The Woodbury Fire Department got the call at 6:54 p.m. and crews were on scene a few minutes later, Altman said. The fire was extinguished by 7:12 p.m.

 

Be sure to follow Woodbury Patch on Twitter, like us on Facebook and sign up for our newsletters, which send you updates about stories, breaking news, announcements, events and blogs on the site.

Boards

More »
Got a question? Something on your mind? Talk to your community, directly.
Note Article
Just a short thought to get the word out quickly about anything in your neighborhood.
Share something with your neighbors.What's on your mind?What's on your mind?Make an announcement, speak your mind, or sell somethingPost something
See more »