Woodbury comes in at No. 4 among the best cities in Minnesota for young families, according to NerdWallet, a consumer-advocacy website.
The site analyzed national and statewide data in five categories to come up with the list:
- Public school rating
- Median home value
- Ongoing cost of homeownership
- Median income
- Economic growth
From the description for Woodbury on the website:
Woodbury is a quickly growing suburb of the Twin Cities, so much that it is now the 10th largest city in the state. Over 50 percent of residents over the age of 25 hold a bachelor’s degree. The schools, too, are excelling; on the statewide standardized test, the MCAs, students have outperformed the state average on every subject and at every grade level.
Waconia was No. 1, according to the NerdWallet list, and Stillwater came in at No. 5.
The recognition from the website is the latest honor for the city:
- Money Magazine rated Woodbury among the "best places to live" in August 2012. Woodbury ranked 11th on the list of top 100 U.S. cities with populations between 50,000 and 300,000, moving up two spaces from 13th in 2010. The city was one of five Minnesota cities in the top 20.
- As part of its "10 best places to buy a home in 2011" series, Walletpop.com ranked Woodbury as the "best place to raise kids" in December 2010.
- Business Week named Woodbury "the best place to raise your kids" in November 2009. Woodbury ranked No. 1 among Minnesota cities.
- Forbes.com acknowledged Woodbury as one of America's 25 "best places to move" in July 2009. Woodbury ranked No. 21 in nation among cities with a population of 25,000 or more.
- Money Magazine recognized Woodbury as the "hottest place to live in the Central U.S." in January 2004 (among cities with a population under 100,000).
• • • •